- AAN DE VLIET FAMILY HOLIDAY RESORT is situated 8kms from Hazyview, and a mere 15kms from the KRUGER NATIONAL PARK, in the Mpumalanga Province of South Africa.
Nestled amongst a host of majestic indigenous African trees, the resort offers guests the opportunity to unwind in serene surroundings whilst savouring the delights of being in the African bush. Aan De Vliet is ideally located at the heart of the scenic Panorama Route in Mpumalanga, South Africa. It is the perfect base from which to plan visits to the many scenic, cultural and historic destinations along this route. No destination is more than 60kms from Aan De Vliet, allowing guests to take in its wonders and be 'home' in time to relax - before closing the day off with a traditional braai at your accommodation unit or a sundowner at the riverside bar
For further information or assistance please contact the resort manager
We not only want you to come back, but also to make new friends - young and old! Whilst the accommodation is designed to ensure that your privacy is maintained and that most of what you will hear will be family and nature, it also lends itself to socialising with your neighbours should you so choose. The Resort Store is there to cater for your daily needs - as well as for those things that you may have forgotten to bring along! There are lounges, reading nooks, spots along the Sabie River bank where you can relax - as well as conveniently situated bars - all designed to encourage our guests to kick back and forget the hustle and bustle of the city. At Aan De Vliet those who prefer to be outdoors are not forgotten! There is volley ball for the more energetic, fully equipped playgrounds for the children, and two swimming pools - a full sized pool for the aqua-fanatics and a paddling pool for the toddlers. And while you enjoy all of this, the children are busy and SAFE.
The proprietors and management of the resort make every endeavour to ensure that our guests enjoy the serenity that is inherent to the African bush.
The resort is protected by an electric perimeter fence that is continuously monitored by a security firm. In addition, the grounds are patrolled by armed security personnel on a 24 hour basis.
Water for consumption on the resort is supplied by boreholes on the premises, although we advise guests to use bottled water for human consumption.
There is also an on-site power generator, ensuring that there is no disruption in the event of power failures on the national grid.
- THE WEATHER IN MPUMALANGAMpumalanga is a province of two halves, namely the high-lying grassland savannah of the highveld escarpment and the subtropical Lowveld plains. The western side of Mpumalanga, on the highveld escarpment, is like a rise of tropics, an ascent into an uncompromising range of temperatures. The west is drier, hotter and much colder than the rest of the Mpumalanga province. Middelburg, in the heart of the highveld, experiences summer rain, and has a summer (October to February) to winter (April to August) range of around 19º C with average temperatures in the contrasting seasons, of 26º C and 8º C. Nelspruit, the capital city of Mpumalanga, lies at the edge of the Lowveld near the Kruger National Park, and enjoys relatively plentiful summer rainfall (an average of around 620 mm falls between September and March) and mild to hot subtropical conditions in the Kruger National Park. When considering the weather for your stay at Aan De Vliet, bear in mind that Aan De Vliet is in the Nelspruit weather region. If your trip covers the entire province, make sure you are prepared for the differences in temperatures from the Highveld to the Lowveld.AAN DE VLIET WEATHER FORECAST
- Aan De VlietOctober 7, 2015, 9:52 am
25°C1 m/sreal feel: 25°Ccurrent pressure: 1020 mbhumidity: 55%wind speed: 1 m/s NEwind gusts: 1 m/sUV-Index: 4sunrise: 5:30 amsunset: 5:58 pmLess forecast...Forecast October 7, 2015day
Partly sunny with thundershowers34°Cwind speed: 2 m/s Nwind gusts: 3 m/smax. UV-Index: 9night
Clear19°Cwind speed: 1 m/s NWwind gusts: 3 m/smax. UV-Index: 9Forecast October 8, 2015day
Hot37°Cwind speed: 2 m/s NNWwind gusts: 3 m/smax. UV-Index: 9night
Mostly clear17°Cwind speed: 1 m/s NNEwind gusts: 3 m/smax. UV-Index: 9Forecast October 9, 2015day
Sunny31°Cwind speed: 2 m/s Ewind gusts: 4 m/smax. UV-Index: 9night
Mostly cloudy17°Cwind speed: 1 m/s ESEwind gusts: 3 m/smax. UV-Index: 9Forecast October 10, 2015day
Mostly sunny31°Cwind speed: 3 m/s Nwind gusts: 5 m/smax. UV-Index: 9night
Clear19°Cwind speed: 2 m/s NWwind gusts: 3 m/smax. UV-Index: 9Forecast October 11, 2015day
Mostly sunny36°Cwind speed: 3 m/s NEwind gusts: 4 m/smax. UV-Index: 9night
Intermittent clouds17°Cwind speed: 2 m/s SSEwind gusts: 4 m/smax. UV-Index: 9Forecast October 12, 2015day
Mostly sunny29°Cwind speed: 3 m/s ENEwind gusts: 6 m/smax. UV-Index: 9night
Clear15°Cwind speed: 0 m/s Nwind gusts: 3 m/smax. UV-Index: 9Forecast October 13, 2015day
Sunny32°Cwind speed: 2 m/s NNEwind gusts: 8 m/smax. UV-Index: 9night
Clear18°Cwind speed: 2 m/s Nwind gusts: 6 m/smax. UV-Index: 9Forecast October 14, 2015day
Partly sunny31°Cwind speed: 2 m/s NNEwind gusts: 7 m/smax. UV-Index: 8night
Mostly clear16°Cwind speed: 3 m/s SEwind gusts: 8 m/smax. UV-Index: 8Forecast October 15, 2015day
Partly sunny31°Cwind speed: 3 m/s SSEwind gusts: 9 m/smax. UV-Index: 8night
Partly cloudy18°Cwind speed: 2 m/s SSEwind gusts: 7 m/smax. UV-Index: 8Less forecast...More forecast...
- The area around Aan De Vliet enjoys a tropical climate that is hot and humid during summer, and temperate during winter. The annual rains occur mainly during the summer months. Between December and March, daily highs often reach well into the 30’s. Accompanied with the moisture in the air, this can become rather uncomfortable for those not accustomed to the heat. Winters are slightly drier (but not significantly so), with daily highs of about 20 to 22 degrees Celsius.SUMMER (DECEMBER TO MARCH)Summers are hot and humid, even sticky at times. The wrong clothing can make one very uncomfortable, as a result. Pack items that are light and cool, and that allow the body to breathe. Protect the skin from the sun by wearing plenty of high-factor sunscreen, but one that does not clog the pores.
WINTER (JUNE TO AUGUST)Winters are temperate and pleasant in Mpumalanga, and the rainfall less consistent than in the summer months. Mornings and evenings are cool or chilly, while the midday highs are comfortable.
- Insect repellent (due to the moisture, mosquitoes may be rife in certain places)
- Swimming costumes
- A wide-brimmed hat, and protective sunglasses that will shield the eyes from the harmful rays of the sun
- Cotton shorts, skirts, tops, t-shirts, and summer dresses
- Comfortable walking shoes that will be suitable for climbing and walking, as there are so many gorgeous natural retreats to explore in Mpumalanga
- An umbrella or very light raincoat for the summer rains
SPRING (SEPTEMBER TO NOVEMBER) AND AUTUMN (MARCH TO MAY)Spring and autumn are very pleasant, even warm. It is best to dress in cool clothing and take along items that can be added and removed during the day in case of a chill.
- Jeans or similar weighted trousers, and long-sleeved shirts
- Warm fleece or wool jerseys or jackets that can be taken off as the day warms up a little
- A scarf or pashmina
- Warm boots and waterproof walking shoes
- An umbrella / raincoat
- A pashmina is a great idea to handle the fluctuating temperatures
- Jeans (full or three-quarters are great)
- A short-sleeved top with a long-sleeved shirt or t-shirt over it
- Comfortable walking shoes